Thursday, June 29, 2006

Recovering From Travel

I think we're all finally recovered from our trip. The kids are back to sleeping at their "normal" times. As normal as they ever were, I guess. The house is almost back in order from the chaos of packing and unpacking. Now we just have to make a brief visit up to Troy, MI and pack up our house for the move to Chester.
Here's my quick review of our trip:
Driving at night no longer seems to work especially well for us. It used to be that we could put Brendan in his carseat at bedtime and take off. By the time we reached the freeway, he'd be asleep and he'd sleep the whole way. It didn't work this time, either going or coming home. He was awake most of the trip and really fussy. Luke didn't sleep great either, but at least he only wanted to eat once each way.
Thursday, we took the kids to the Domes. They were beautiful as always, but Brendan was super-cranky and we left earlier than we had planned.
Friday, we went to the Zoo. Luke slept almost the whole time. Brendan wasn't in his best mood, but he did seem to enjoy all the animals, especially the tiger. He was fascinated by that tiger! And we had great weather for a trip to the zoo. It was sunny, but cool - absolutely perfect!
Saturday, we went to Lydia's birthday party. Brendan slept on the ride there (less than an hour), but that was all the nap we could get him to take. He did pretty well though for having gotten that little sleep. He and Lydia played very nicely together before the party started. Once, I peeked into the living room to see Lydia pointing across the room and telling Brendan something in Lydiese. Wish I knew what she was talking about. Brendan must have understood, he seemed quite interested in what she was saying. Another time, I peeked in to see her teaching him how to feed bottles to her baby dolls! Very cute.
While we were in Wisconsin, Brendan started to call my dad, "Papa." Well, sometimes it came out, "ah-pa." But it was really cute anyway.
He also did really well with Snow.
Last night I figured out why he had been a bit crabby in Wisconsin. He has now cut ALL of his two-year molars! Yay! As soon as he's done getting these out, we're done with teething from him for a long time!!! Which means I won't have to deal with him and Luke possibly teething at the same time.

No comments: