Tuesday, July 11, 2006

He's gonna be a great Daddy...

So yesterday afternoon I was holding Luke and walking around trying to calm him down. I wandered into our bedroom and what did I see?

Brendan standing next to the swing with it on and playing music. Nothing too unusual there, he loves the swing. Teddy was in the swing. Brendan looked up at me, put his finger to his mouth and said, "Shhhhh!" He was putting Teddy to sleep in Luke's swing!


Later on, I was carrying Luke in the sling and made a little sling for Brendan with one of his playsilks and tucked Teddy into it. He was thrilled! I don't think we got any really good pictures though. We tried, but he wasn't gonna hold still.

He loves helping me out, or at least trying to.
I was folding a pile of towels and had them all lined up at the foot of our bed and went to put the kitchen ones away. When I turned around, Brendan was pulling the pile of bathroom towels off the bed. I almost yelled at him to stop, but then I realized he was trying to help. He picked up one still-folded bath towel from the floor - quite an arm-full for him - and carried it all the way across the house to the cupboard where they go, opened it and shoved the towel inside! It wasn't quite on top of the pile, but he sure tried. I fixed it and handed him a bath mat to put away. That was much easier for him to do and he was so proud of himself for doing it.

He's also getting much better at feeding himself with a spoon. This morning he only spilled about a teaspoon of oatmeal on his bib!



Luke is rolling from back to front now. He's been able to roll front to back since he was 1 month old. He hated being on his belly though. So he rolls onto his belly and gets really mad, then I have to roll him onto his back because he doesn't seem to remember how. And then we repeat the whole thing. Again and again...

No comments: