Friday, July 21, 2006

What A Morning!!!

We got to sleep in a little this morning. I got up at 7am and Luke and Michael were still asleep in bed and Brendan was asleep in his room. Got a few things done before Brendan woke up. Then he woke up. I think he hit the terrible twos this morning. I got him up and started to make his breakfast. When his oatmeal was ready I called for him to come eat. He was playing down the hall and ignored me. I went to go get him and saw what he was playing with. Petroleum jelly!!! He had found the jar in a half-packed box in the hall, gotten it open, and was rubbing it into the carpeting! Yuck, yuck, yuck! Then, as I grabbed his arm to get him away from there and clean him up, he grabbed teddy with his petroleum jelly-covered hand. Eeeew! So we got him cleaned up, blocked off the hall, took teddy away to hopefully be cleaned, and gave him his breakfast. He decided to drink his oatmeal. Fortunately, most of it landed on the table and got scraped back into his bowl. And his favorite word today seems to be "Nooooooo!" Then Luke woke up and needed to be changed and fed. And then changed again. Eventually I got my breakfast and shower. Then we had to run around like mad to get everything ready to go to the doctor's. Both boys had well-baby checks today. We left running a couple minutes late, got up to Dupont road, were halfway to the office and saw a road construction sign. Annoying, that'll slow us down. Oh wait, it's not just construction, it's closed! Michael called the doctor's office and got directions to get around the construction. We were 15 minutes late. Not a crisis though, Dr. Tallon's office was running late anyway. The boys are both doing great. Luke is already 15 lbs. 2 oz. and 24 3/4 inches long. Brendan is 31 lbs. and almost 37 inches. And they're both doing quite well developmentally, too. We counted and Brendan has 27 words! Plus, he uses 8 signs and recognizes a couple others.
Something cute/funny:
Last night was Luke's first time sitting in his high chair at dinner with us. Brendan and Luke both thought this was wonderful! Luke blew a raspberry and Brendan laughed hysterically and blew one back. They went back and forth like this all through dinner - laughing and blowing raspberries at each other.

No comments: